Monday, October 18, 2010

A Hodge Podge Post






Hello.

We are still here and doing well. In fact, I would say this week has been the most settled and normal week since we have been home. Since Kory and the doll episode, Hattie has been sleeping alone in her crib in her room from 7 at night until 7 in the morning. !!!!!! On Monday, I think I was in a total state of disbelief as both Culley and Hattie took naps at the same time and they slept a good while. What a treat and what a difference a little breather makes!

Hattie had her first spaghetti dinner and quite enjoyed herself. See the photos for yourself!

We all had flu shots this week. The boys and I had the mist but Hattie had to have her first shot in the US. She didn't even cry. This photo is of the kids after a long day at school for Hike-a-thon and then to the Dr's office.

Today, I walked into the grocery store after church and a girl was holding an armful of fruit and trying to get a cart. I couldn't believe my eyes so I asked her if she was really holding dragon fruit. She must have thought I was a bit off my rocker, but she confirmed yes, it was dragon fruit.

I was so excited to bring Hattie a taste of China and our time together in China. I was also excited to see if the boys would like it and they did. But get this, for three little dragon fruits it was 16 dollars! Whew! I won't be buying those like we do banana's but it is important to us to try and blend some of what we experienced in China into our lives here in the US.

Oh, and what a funny contrast. Lots of Star Wars Cookies were baked tonight in preparation for Hayden's birthday. Check out the counter picture-Star Wars Cookies and Dragon Fruit. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment